While the proliferation of privacy laws within the United States and around the world are adding a layer of protection for consumers, they are also creating complications for insureds and insurers when it comes to the claims process. This panel discussion will shed some light on privacy regulations, their impact from a claims perspective, and how insurers can gather and protect their claims data in these circumstances. Points of discussion will include:
- A brief overview of what privacy laws to pay attention to: CA, Canada, GDPR
- How are various state privacy initiatives affecting the claims and recovery process for affected businesses?
- The impact of increased automation on the claims process, data vulnerabilities and how to mitigate the risks
- Caryn M. Silverman, Senior Vice President, Claims Counsel - Sompo International
- Ian A. Stewart, Partner - Wilson Elser
- David T. Vanalek, Claims Chief Operating Officer - Markel