Given the expectation that more and more states will start to legalize some form of use of cannabis, it is high time for insurers to think about their approach to it. The discussion will focus on what makes cannabis claims different from other property claims. The main takeaways will include:
- How to think about cannabis at this time - where to begin?
- Making sense of the fact that what states say and what the federal government says are two different things
- How to apply policy to a claim?
- What to look for and what questions to ask?
- Should insurers have a specialized team dedicated to this area?
- Tessa Adams, Chief Marketing Officer - MOXIE
- Morgan Fox, Media Relations Director - National Cannabis Industry Association
- Justin M Lehtonen, Senior Vice President - Worldwide Facilities, LLC